gravatar

How to Find Short Domain Names

When I saw the domain name of Kevin Rose’s newest venture, Pownce.com, I thought that maybe I should buy some short albeit weird domains myself.

Anyway, after researching a bit I managed to find two interesting tools for that purpose. The first one is dyyo.com, a search engine that will help you find 4 letter domain names.

4letterdomains.gif


Some time ago I even started looking for 2 and 3 letter domain names, only to discover that they were all gone… so 4 letter is as short as you can go.

According to the tool there are approximately 28,000 4 letter domain names still available. Most of them are unpronounceable words like bqhj.com or pqhn.com, and that is where the tool comes handy. You can specify letters for each position, so just stick some vowels in there, hoping to come up with something useful.

The second tool is 5letter.com, and as you probably guessed it can be used to find 5 letter domain names. Here you create a fragment and specify if the domain name should begin with that frament, end with it, or merely contain it.

5letterdomains.gif


For example, if I specify domains to begin with the fragment “po” I get the following names:

  • pozzr.com
  • pobie.com
  • pokoz.com
  • podrr.com

Pengikut